Role: Manager, Data Science
Department: Data & Analytics
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports To: SVP, Data and Analytics
Firebird is a next generation music company providing career and brand guidance to over 1,000 artists worldwide to help them develop and grow broader global audiences and build longer lasting, higher impact, more profitable careers. Redefining the intersection of music, technology and finance, Firebird has rich expertise across the spectrum of artist management and intellectual property creation, from traditional endeavors like touring and recording, to cutting edge marketing and consumer product development, to emerging digital platforms from gaming to AI.
Firebird’s roster of partners includes some of the most important companies across the various aspects of the music landscape today including Red Light Management, Mick Management, Transgressive, Defected, Ntertain, Tape Room, Easier Said and many more.
The Firebird Data and Analytics team is looking for an entrepreneurial Manager, Data Science to play a key role in analyzing large data. The role focuses on data analysis, algorithmic development, and data visualization, offering an excellent opportunity to work collaboratively across Firebird and its partner companies. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in data science with exposure to measurement of digital metrics and test design, as well as data visualization via Shiny or Looker.
In this position you will work to transform how the music industry leverages Analytics and Data Science to improve business processes, and drive strategic decision making across our artists’ businesses. This is an opportunity to work at one of the most exciting companies in the music space, and work with many of the most exciting artists in the industry.
- Guide and inspire the organization about the business potential of Data Science and Analytics
- Identify opportunities to apply data science across Firebird’s portfolio companies
- Develop and execute the data science team’s strategy
- Collaborate with other departments across Firebird and partner companies to ensure data science is used effectively
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of complex data sets, identifying trends, patterns, and areas for strategic improvement.
- Translate data findings into actionable recommendations to optimize artist performance and revenue streams.
- Design, build, and deploy machine learning models and algorithms to solve specific business challenges.
- Work closely with the SVP of Data and Analytics and other key stakeholders to define the most important metrics and KPIs to visualize.
- Create intuitive, actionable, real-time dashboards via tools like R Shiny to communicate data findings.
- Facilitate data-driven decision-making across multiple departments by providing timely, accurate, and actionable insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Econometrics, Political Science, Mathematics or a related field with quantitative studies
- Master’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in data science
- 3+ years of experience in managing and leading initiatives
- 3+ years of experience programming in R or Python
- 3+ years of visualization experience with R Shiny / Looker / Tableau or equivalent tool
- Strong understanding of data science principles and methods
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience in the entertainment industry is a plus
- Passion for music and the music industry is a plus