A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy entertainment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including CNN’s new CEO and Chuck E. Cheese’s birthday party giveaway.
NEW YORK, Sept. 1, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the entertainment and media industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Mark Thompson Named Chairman and CEO of CNN Worldwide
The former director-general of the BBC and president and CEO of The New York Times Company will take the helm of the premiere global news organization.
- Chuck E. Cheese to Give Away 500 Kid’s Birthday Parties During First-Ever ‘Big Day of Birthdays’
Chuck E. Cheese Big Day of Birthdays will be held at Fun Centers across the U.S. and Canada on Thursday, Sept. 7, from 6–7:30 p.m. with free entry. During the event, every location will hold a live giveaway drawing to award one lucky winner a free Ultimate Fun Birthday Party Package for up to 10 kids.
- Cineverse Launches the Maverick Black Cinema VOD Channel
The global channel is joining the Cineverse family of channels with an initial line-up of 100+ films and TV series including content from genres such as action, drama, romance, comedy, thriller and more. In keeping with Cineverse’s commitment to offering consumers high-quality content and depth of choice, additional titles will be added in the coming months.
- John Wick: Chapter 4 and All Quiet on the Western Front are Motion Picture Winners at the 10th Annual Location Managers Guild International Awards
The LMGI Awards spotlight international features, television and commercials in which the creative use of filming locations set the tone, enrich the character and enhance the narrative.
- Moose Toys Unleashes Beast Lab; Reinvigorates Action Figure Category with First-of-its-Kind Experiment-Based Playset
From start to finish, this first-of-its-kind interactive playset engages kids in an experiment-based process as they create their own beast: a jaw-some shark-inspired electronic action figure to save the world.
- Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ Soars into Lowe’s this Halloween
The inflatable stands 6-feet tall and is nearly 7-feet wide, making it an eye-catching addition to your festive display. With his curious green eyes and red tail fin, Toothless sits with wings spread wide, ready to take flight! A happy orange Jack-O-Lantern sits at the iconic dragon’s feet.
- The All-New 2024 Toyota Tacoma Makes Big Screen Debut in “Blue Beetle”
The action-packed movie, filled with heart and humor, features multiple generations of Tacoma as Jaime Reyes is forever changed when an ancient piece of alien technology, the Scarab, transforms the college grad into the hero The Blue Beetle.
- Poetry Foundation Announces Fall 2023 Events Season
The Poetry Foundation announces its roster of free public events for the fall 2023 season, including poetry readings, writing workshops, musical performances, and an exhibition commemorating Poetry magazine’s founder.
- MetaMedia Named Exclusive Livestreaming Partner for ESPN and Theater Sports Network Partnership to Livestream NCAA College Football Games Into U.S. Cinemas
“We believe that theaters have the ability to generate excitement around live sporting events. These events will replicate the feel of a football stadium experience as fans gather and fill theaters to watch the games on the big screen,” said Scott Daw, President and COO of Theater Sports Network.
- Scotty McCreery, Member of Dormie Network, to Headline Volleyball Day in Nebraska at Memorial Stadium on August 30, 2023
Scotty McCreery, known for his chart-topping hits “Damn Strait”, “You Time,” and latest single, “Cab in A Solo,” took the stage after exhibitions between Nebraska Kearney vs. Wayne State and University of Nebraska-Omaha vs. fourth-ranked Cornhuskers.
Read more of the latest entertainment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtertainment on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire