LITTLE UNDERGROUND BUSINESS ADMIN ASSISTANT
Little Underground is a boutique producer management company. Our clients have spawned a multitude of Grammy nominations, received several platinum and gold selling records and worked on boundless critically acclaimed albums. We have worked with artists ranging from David Bowie to Panic! At The Disco, A Tribe Called Quest to Weezer, Soccer Mommy to Japanese Breakfast, ASAP Rocky to Jean Dawson. Little Underground is a small team, working remotely. The founder is based in New York, with clients in London, NYC and L.A.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a business administrative assistant. This role will provide crucial support to the founder (and sole manager) in various administrative tasks, ensuring the smooth operation of day-to-day activities. The ideal candidate has excellent organizational skills and a strong ability to multitask. This position offers
a unique opportunity to contribute to the success of our clients and gain valuable experience in the music business.
- Assist in handling daily administrative tasks, such as scheduling recordings sessions, meetings, and managing calendars
- Assist in financial administration tasks, such as sending invoices, logging payments, chasing payments, maintaining financial records
- Assist in business administrative tasks, such as chasing contracts, filing contracts, registering songs with SoundExchange, PROs, publishers etc
- Collaborate with the founder to provide exceptional support to the roster and clients 5. Maintain and update databases, contact lists, and filing systems
- High School diploma or equivalent; additional education or certification in music business or related fields a plus
- Proven experience in an administrative or assistant role, a plus if in the music industry or entertainment field
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in using office software and tools, such as MS Office Suite, Gmail, Google calendar, sheets, spreadsheets etc. A knowledge of registerings songs with SoundExchange and PRO’s is a plus.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Not essential but a bonus if you have a passion for music and a genuine interest in the music industry
Hours and Compensation
The role is a freelance, consultancy position with remote working. Approximately 5-6 hours per week. Hours are flexible but most tasks need completing with certain timeframes (eg invoices need sending within 24 hours of receiving the request). Compensation is $30/ hour.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and skills. Include “Little Underground Business Admin Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.